Available in frame sizes from 24 to 48 channels, each with four full-function stereo channels and four stereo returns, the GB8 is designed for installations such as churches and performance venues, or for small touring sound systems. The dual-mode topology implemented to such success on the MH3 and MH4 desks allows the GB8 to be used on FOH or monitor duties, with fader control of group or aux outputs. Additional features over the GB4 include a 1kHz oscillator and a meter bridge with three led meters that very closely emulate the ballistics of VU meters.
Sound Craft GB8
• Dual purpose console.
• 24, 32, 40 and 48 channel frame sizes
• Individually switched 48V phantom power on every mono input module.
• 4 Full-feature Stereo channels.
• 8 Aux sends (all switchable between pre/post
• 8 Group sends (SWAP with all 8 Auxes).
• 4 Stereo returns.
• 4 Mute Groups.
• 11x4 Output Matrix.
• Limiter on Record Output and Alternative Stereo Output.
• GB30 mic pre-amp.
• 4-band GB30 EQ.
• 1kHz oscillator
• Meter Bridge with accurate VU meters for LEFT, RIGHT and CENTRE Outputs.
• Integral power supply, with an external power supply link option.
• All metal TRS jacks and Neutrik XLRs.
• Direct outputs on all mono input channels.